After setting up a proxy and configuring a device, normally you can navigate to http://burp and download the certificate for installation. This did not work for me when running Android 6.0.1.
To install the certificate on an Android device I had to export the certificate from Burp in DER format. After that I was able to import the certificate without any problems.
- Open Burp
- Navigate to Proxy -> Options -> Import / export CA certificate
- Select Certificate in DER format
- Export the certificate
- Copy the certificate to the Android device
- Install the certificate by navigating to Settings -> Wi-Fi – More options -> Advanced -> Install certificates
- Select the certificate and give it a name
Once the certificate is installed you can proxy SSL/TLS traffic as expected.